Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mid Exams + Thoughts

One paper down and 2 more to go! I can't wait for the 11th for my last paper!! and also because Rgoh is coming to visit me YAYYYYYY :))) 
The weather has been so erratic - its sunny, snows for a minute, then back to sun, and full on hails for a minute and then back to sun and it goes on, plus it's also really cold as well :'( 
(I'm hoping that the weather will be good when Rachel comes) 




I watched Nederlands Dans Theatre 2 with Natasha at the festival theatre and they were amazing!! They are the junior company of NDT but their standard were superb. The dancers moved like water yet could make such fast and sharp movements with quick footwork, moving from one side of the stage to the other in just a few jumps! I was really in awe and the audience would not stop clapping when the performance finally came to a close :') 
My favorite piece was Cactus which I think you can watch snippets of it on YouTube! 

Any who, I have been so unproductive the past few days ever since the end of my first paper:(( I don't know why! I feel like my brain is not retaining information as well ughhhhhh 

That aside, I just wanted to share yet another list of things that I have learnt this year

1. As long as friendship lives in the heart, true friends never part ( got this from reading Natascha's post Thank You :') )  - I've always felt that if I wasn't constantly connecting with friends back home, I'd lose touch with them but that's not the case 

2. Before you judge someone, think about the reasons why they would have acted that way. It would help you better understand their intentions and make you less hurt/angry/annoyed

3. Quality over quantity 

4. Being well travelled does not make you anything more than the fact that you have travelled a lot. It does not mean that you are more culturally aware or enlightened and I have learnt to take on this perspective by an article that Zoea shared - Thank You :) 

5. Stop putting other people's needs before your own. Sometimes you need to be selfish that way 

6. I find it so difficult to portray my true feelings to someone which often makes me so mad at myself because I can never get them to realize how they've made me feel (often referring to negative feelings of being hurt/anger/annoyed) 

7. Feeling insignificant is ok, but don't let it stop you from doing good in this world thinking that it would not make a difference, because it will 

8. Things really don't always turn out the way you expect them to, no matter how sure you were about their outcomes

9. It is sad that I have done nothing more than someone else living in a poorer region of the world to deserve the life that I live, yet our lives are worlds apart, and I have to accept that that is reality and I cannot do anything about it 

10. I have learnt so much in university - not just academic wise but in my whole perspective of the world and I could not be more thankful 

(I am typing this and listening to Avril Lavigne's The Best Damn Thing because I just suddenly thought of it and I remember listening to Girlfriend when I was in Primary 5 and boy was that a long time ago)  



One more month till half of 2016 is gone - where did the time go? 








No comments:

Post a Comment